INTRODUCTION TO HANDGUN SKILLS LEVEL II
HANDGUN SKILLS LEVEL II 8 Hours $175.00
Prerequisite This course presumes you have completed a MA LTC Safety Class and have received your MA LTC This is an introductory class.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for this class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
• Handgun selection considerations
• Support equipment
• Shooting basics - the importance of proper grip, sight alignment, sight picture, stance, trigger control, and follow through .
• Presentation of the handgun from the holster to the target and safe recovery back to the holster
• Administrative and in-service loading and unloading techniques
• Static shooting positions
• Cleaning and maintenance
Classes starting at 8:30am will run until 5:00pm.
Classes starting at 1:00pm will run until 9:30pm.
Classes starting at 6:00pm will run two consecutive nights until 10:00pm each night.
• Quality functional semi-automatic pistol – Full size and compact pistols only.
o No micro pistols or pocket pistols
• 3 magazines
• Magazine pouch
• Dominant side, hip-mounted OWB holster, or dominant side, belt-mounted OWB holster
• Please wear long pants with pockets and belt loops, a sturdy 1.5" belt, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neckline)
• Optional, loading devices • Estimated round count: 250 rounds pistol
"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
Abraham Maslow - 1908 to 1970
Safety through education.